As a caregiver, you must learn how to fit the Smart Lift Vest on a patient or loved one in multiple positions such as when they are laying or sitting on the floor. Each person has a relatively fast and easy application when they take the following steps to fit the Smart Lift Vest to a patient who is lying flat on the floor.
1. Carefully roll the patient or loved one on to his/her side. Lay the vest carefully over the patient’s back and upper shoulder. Tuck the other side of the vest beneath the patient or loved one.
2. Carefully roll the patient or loved one on to his/her back and bring forward the straps and forearm pads. The pads should be placed directly underneath the forearms towards the elbows.
3. Connect the front clasp.
4. Adjust the frontal straps so the forearm pads are at a 90-degree angle to the patient’s upper arms and tightened across the front straps.
Take the following steps to fit the Smart Lift Vest to a patient or loved one in a sitting position on the floor:
1. Ask the patient to clasp his/her hands in front of him/her. If that is not possible, make sure that the patient’s arms are inside the vest. The vest should fit smooth against the body.
2. Connect the front clasp.
3. Check the vest at the shoulder and make sure that the bottom of the best is at waist level.
4. Position the forearm pads. They should be placed directly under the forearms towards the elbows. Adjust the straps so that the forearm pads fit the forearm at a 90-degree angle relative to the upper arm and tighten across the front straps.
Smart Lift Vest is only to be used with responsive individuals that have not suffered a traumatic fall or injury. For more information about the Smart Lift Vest, or if you have any questions regarding how to use it, please do not hesitate to contact us. Your health and care is Smart Lift’s No. 1 priority. Always remember to be smart and lift smart.
Please see our video below on how to fit the Smart Lift Vest to a person on the floor.